Currently Phase 1
iceCREAM turns CREAM into a productive asset. It will have the same three main use cases as CRV - voting, staking, and boosting.
- Lock CREAM between 1 week to 4 years to receive iceCREAM.
- iceCREAM is non-transferable and non-tradeable.
- 50%+ of Protocol Reserves going forward will be distributed as ycrvIB tokens to iceCREAM stakers.
- 1 iceCREAM = 1 vote in the future of C.R.E.A.M. Finance governance.
- [phase 2] iceCREAM staked translates to voting power which can be used to determine allocation of CREAM token liquidity mining by chain and market (e.g.- Ethereum, ETH).
If liquidity mining is enabled on borrow markets (more on this as part of phase 2)
- Once you vote, your vote will remain directed at pools unless modified.
- Users will have the ability to change their votes every week and will be able to allocate their iceCREAM to different pools.
- iceCREAM allows the user to control CREAM emissions across all C.R.E.A.M. markets in the future.
- iceCREAM increases emission from a base factor of 0.4 to a max of 2.5x, the more iceCREAM you stake, the more CREAM you earn.
Assuming 1000 CREAM locked:
iceCREAM decays linearly over time. At the unlock date of CREAM, your iceCREAM balance would be 0.
For the early supporters of C.R.E.A.M. Finance who locked their CREAM in the long-term staking program, these token holders should be entitled to governance alongside iceCREAM holders, but will not be eligible for emission boosts.